A hot new thing is always in demand, but some developer skill sets simply don’t go out of style. Recent research states that the five highest-searched skill terms for software developer candidates are:
- Java / J2EE: The Java platform retains its place as the most in-demand skill for software engineers — which isn’t all that surprising considering how many applications and systems are powered by Java.
- .NET: Microsoft’s user-friendly framework comes in second, thanks to an overwhelming majority of businesses that run on Microsoft.
- C++: This high-level, general-purpose language is versatile enough to remain in demand.
- C#: Designed in the tradition of Java and implemented primarily on Windows, C# is the fourth most sought-after skill set.
- SQL: Database software is a primary objective for numerous businesses, especially those looking to capitalize on Big Data — so this database language enjoys high demand among employers.
In addition to HTML, “web,” C, and Linux, these skills are essential must-haves for businesses across every industry, and demand for them won’t drop any time soon.
emerging software skills
In addition to core skill sets, Current and near-future technology development in fields like the Internet of Things and wearable tech are fresh new compared to core skills.
Some of these are:
- Mobile technology, including Android and iOS platforms
- Embedded systems and the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Wearable technology
- Big Data
We are Software developers with mastery of traditional platforms, who’ve incorporated these hottest emerging skill sets. We trive in any the modern business environment as our software engineers also have a great business sense and strong soft skills.
We understand the skills needed to have to succeed in today’s IT environment, and can fulfill all the requirements of your business.